- Stock boy - retail parts store from the time I could reach the shelves until 8th grade.
- Newspaper Carrier - 5th grade through High School
- Retail Shoe Store = Top sales producer - 10th grade through High School
- Retail Shoe Store Manager - 1974-76
- Retail Shoe Store Chain General Manager (42 in my division, 128 stores total) 1976 - 1982 Was Part of Team that created an ad that won a National Addy Created a follow up system that grew stores from 14 stores to 42
- Automotive Sales - Top Producer - Average Month 32 cars - Best Month 56 Cars
- Automotive F&I Manager - became top F&I manager in GMAC territory Automotive Used Car Manager - Never failed to meet quota in dollars or units.
- Automotive General Manager - Highly recruited when I decided to leave the business.
- Fairs and Festivals Specialty Food Vendor - Using computer skills in 1984 to create a database and mailing list to contact all Fairs in Georgia. Since this was a novel idea, we quickly became THE vendor in our specialty arena of: Shaved Ice (think... no one was doing this in 1984 in Georgia) Smoothies - (see above) Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Steak in a Sack - (Pita Bread Sandwiches)
- Retail Gift Shop - Created a niche for 7 stores in 2 states, in less than 3 years. I did my own payroll, sales and inventory management, and marketing. I sold the stores to focus on Information Technology
- Radio Station Sales: after 3 months I was recruited to run a station losing 30K a month. After 6 months we turned a profit and the station was sold.
- Author : 3 years in a Gannett environment, writing a computer help Question and Answer section. This experience led me to seek and attain certifications with : Microsoft, Linux, Networking, Cisco, Wireless Technologies, A+, Usability Analysis, .Asp, IIS, Apache, Macromedia, .php, and a plethora of others. My latest technologies include HootSuite, Google Apps, SEO, Twitter, FourSquare, and a few others.
- Self Employed Web based provider of: hosting, development, seo, forums, wikis, and social integration of platforms. Currently I am working to increase my writing skills
- Other things I consider noteworthy: I have been married for 30 years. I know how to listen. I have four kids. Two have graduated from college, one manages a business, and the other is still in high school.
- I know how to lead. I successfully lost weight, controlled blood sugar, and had a diagnosis of Diabetes reversed. I know how to commit. At 57 I just ran my first half marathon. My first full marathon is scheduled for November.
- I know how to implement a plan.
The 411 On S.T.A.N.
Stan Bush's (Me) passions are marketing, music, research, reading, writing and listening. I provide various consulting services, as well as hands on implementation for proof of concept. I began writing Surfin With Stan in 1994 and was published in various Knight-Ridder newspapers. I am self employed. Sales Training And Networking on Google+