Ok. I admit it. I gave my smoker away too soon. My son moved out and I thought it would be a good thing for him to have it. A smoker back in the day was as much a social tool as say…an X Box, WII, or whatever the newest digital hotbox happens to be right now. I don't know, and I don't care.
What I care about is cooking good food. I care about cooking food that doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out. Something guys can make. Something that can lead to better things once the female we are trying to impress figures out that we can provide them with sustenance. I’m the alpha male. This is me doing ‘hunter and gatherer” sans a rock or spear. This my personal version of burnt offerings.
So without further ado, this is how I cook great ribs, without a smoker.
1. Buy some ribs and rub.
2. Use a knife to remove the membrane from the ribs.
3. Fill your hands with the rub, and rub into the meat. (This is why it’s called RUB).
4. Set the rub coated ribs in a deep pan and leave in the fridge overnight.
5. Set the oven for 225, and set your timer for two hours. Put the ribs in the oven.
6. When the alarm goes off turn the ribs over, and set the alarm for 2 more hours. Rinse and repeat four more times.
7. When the alarm rings for the fifth time, take the ribs out and wrap them in tinfoil. Wrap them tight enough to keep the juice in.
8. Return them to the oven and set timer for two hours.
9. If you’ve counted right, this will be a total of 12 hours. If not, reduce beer consumption next time.
10. Cut them between the rib bones and put them on a plate. Use a pizza slicer and spatula for this because the meat falls off the bone.
They should look something like these pictures. Enjoy them with friends and family! They taste even better! Bone-appetite!
Bradley Smoker, Black
If you can answer Who, What, When, Where, and Why... It's easier to figure out HOW!