2010 Banker's Bailout Chocolate
I know she's a choclaholic, so I'm going to make her some myself. The recipe looks pretty easy enough. So.. let's get right to it.
Stuff You'll Need:
- 4 1/2 oz vegetable shortening -
- 4 1/2 oz confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (Hershey's)
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- Pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Line a square cake pan with wax paper.I
- Melt the shortening in a pan... it don't matter if its a sauce pan or not...the oil don't know the difference. Just melt it at a low temperature and it'll be fine
- Put all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- It's important that you sift the sugar, cocoa powder, powdered milk and salt. If you don't have a sifter, just put it on top of one of those 'splatter proof shields' that ALL us men buy and never use. Use a spoon or fork to force it through the wire. All your really trying to do is crush those hunks of 3 year old confectioners sugar into a powder.
- Pour the melted shortening into the sugar mixture and mix until it becomes smooth and thick. I used a whisk, but you can use whatever floats your boat. Just keep stirring it until all the chunks are gone.
- Pour this stuff into the pan you lined with wax paper and let it cool. If you want to, you can drag your pinkie finger to make little boxes before it cools. It makes it easier to break into pieces after it's cooled. Just make sure you don't lick your finger and put it back in the chocolate... because that would be gross. And just in case you DO lick your finger... it'll work out better for you if you don't tell her.
Something she can SHARE with me!